Escape From ASDA (Source)

The quests can now be authored more in Lua. There are conditionals for whether the quest is active, and whether the quest is complete.

I’m tempted to make the entire game in Lua, and just use the application as an intermediate for calling functions and rendering. Then I could just execute functions within rooms / npcs for the relevant dictionary word.

There are still some flaws in the text output, like it doesn’t split up words onto new lines if they are longer than the line width.

Next on the list is 8×8 Board Games, get rid of that horrible green.

Escape From ASDA v2.0.0 (MacOSX) (403 downloads)

 

Escape From ASDA v2.0.0 (Win32) (396 downloads)

Escape From ASDA (Update)

Escape From ASDA - Title ScreenThis weekend I’ve been going through files I’ve been meaning to upload to my website for some time now.

I’ve got all the World of Warcraft addons finished, so I began on the C++ games I made at university.

Escape from ASDA is one of them, I was gonna upload it as it was but after noticing a few memory leaks.

As I started to clean up the code, and then got a little carried away and practically rewrote most of it.

Escape From ASDA - IngameOriginally it used a custom text file format for data, that was % deliminated, now it uses Lua which makes it at lot easier to understand when editting.

I also modified the title screen to use a bit of ASCII art, and made the commands more flexible.

Unfortunately unlike v1.0.0, it does not support mouse input for navigation. And since you can’t seem to change the console caret in MacOSX, I’ve had to make a custom console buffer that I use to render to before outputting.

There are a few more changes I plan to do to make the game script more flexible before I upload the source, but for now where is the binaries for Win32 and MacOSX.

Making it compile on WIN32 again was a pain, much more than it should have been, maybe its just the Microsoft implementation of STL…

Escape From ASDA v2.1.0 (Win32) (406 downloads)

 

Escape From ASDA v2.1.0 (MacOSX) (413 downloads)

The Adventure Game: Escape From Asda

The Adventure Game: Escape from AsdaAn old style text based adventure game, set around the time of the Asda Empire. This game was made for one of my lecture modules at university, “Data Structures for Games”.

This console game is my second console game I’ve made. Using a std::map for word lookup which links to functions that relate to those words, for example, “Move” in the dictionary is associated with the Move() function that takes a word parameter.

If this second word is valid, such as “North”, “South”, “East” or “West” then it will perform that action.